This is a snack that is quick, loaded with nutrients including Omega 3’s and Iron, and will give you lasting energy! Walnuts are incredibly healthy. Here are just a few of the health benefits:
1. They can reduce the risk of prostate cancer by 30 to 40 percent.
2. They are heart healthy. Walnuts contain the plant-based omega-3 fat alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which is anti-inflammatory. Research shows that people who eat a diet high in ALA are less likely to have a fatal heart attack and have a nearly 50 percent lower risk of sudden cardiac death.
3. They can improve sperm health and fertility in men. In studies, 75 grams of walnuts daily significantly improved sperm quality, including vitality, and motility.
4. They are protective of your brain. Walnuts contain a number of neuroprotective compounds, including vitamin E, folate, melatonin, Omega 3, and antioxidants.
So enjoy these!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup (12-15 whole) Medjool dates pitted
Process all ingredients in food processor until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated. Use a melon scooper to make small round balls. Chill and enjoy!