Understanding the subtle energy that runs through your body, and how to strengthen it is vital to a peaceful, successful, joyful abundant life. Science has recently begun to realize that reality is not what it seems. Where healing is involved, the ancient traditions of qi gong and acupuncture, among others, are based on the existence of energies that scientific instruments are only now beginning to be able to “see.”
Where health and healing is concerned, we have started to understand that our “vehicle” is made of energy, and that it is much more than the flesh, bones, glands and organs.
Pioneering researchers in the field of bioenergy have shown us that all dis-ease has its roots in “anticoherent” patterns in the human bioenergy field. What does that mean for us? It means simply, that once we understand the workings of our energy fields, we can release emotions and experiences that stay stuck in our energy field and prevent us from living the most vibrant life possible.
The study of the chakra system can be quite in depth, and we cover a lot of ground in our Health Mastery Program, but here is a primer for you to help connect you with the sources of your strengths and weaknesses.
- 1st Chakra: Muladhara (Sanskrit for root support) is the first chakra and the energy of our most basic needs. This chakra represents all the most pressing and basic things like food, shelter, warmth and security. Having a balance in this chakra helps you feel secure and allows you to move upwards into the higher chakras more freely. An imbalance in this chakra can make you feel disconnected from your body, financially insecure, and ungrounded (weak 1st chakra) or too heavy/focused on material things (overbearing 1st chakra)
- 2nd Chakra: Svadhistana (Sanskrit for “one’s own place”) is the second chakra and the energy of all the emotions, pleasure and sex. From this chakra all creativity, joy and pleasure springs forth, allowing us to flow with life and respond to it accordingly. Having a balance in this chakra helps you have joy in life and express yourself creatively. An imbalance in this chakra might make you feel numb inside, lacking in emotion, or insensitive to life (weak 2nd chakra) or addicted to pleasure and want it above anything else (overbearing 2nd chakra).
- 3rd Chakra: Manipura (Sanskrit for “the city of jewels”) is the third chakra and the energy of our will power, our ability to decide what we want and mobilize all our resources to achieve it. This chakra is our drive towards all those things that are life enhancing and that we enjoy. Having balance in this chakra allows you to work towards the achievement of our goals. An imbalance in this chakra might leave you at the mercy of others or the world (weak 3rd chrakra) or be too authoritative , aggressive and justifying any means to an end (overbearing 3rd chakra).
- 4th chakra: Anahata (Sanskrit for “unstruck”) is the fourth chakra and the energy of love, compassion and connection with all others. This chakra connects you with the energy of bonding deeply with ourselves and others and participating with each other in meaningful ways. Having balance in this chakra allows you to love others fully without jealousy and envy, in full balance with self-love and care. An imbalance in this chakra can cause you to feel unloved and disconnected from all others (weak 4th chakra) or too attached and feeling dependent on others to find self-love and self-worth (overbearing 4th chakra).
- 5th Chakra: Vissudha (Sanskrit for “purification”) is the fifth chakra and the energy of communication, connecting through words and ideas. This chakra is the energy of your voice, your words and your ability to communicate to ourselves and others our human experience. Having balance in this chakra helps you communicate effectively and express yourself clearly. An imbalance in this chakra might cause you to not communicate (weak 5th chakra) or to communicate in excess, falling into gossip and needing to find everyone’s secrets (overbearing 5th chakra).
- 6th Chakra: Ajna (Sanskrit for “perceive or command) is the sixth chakra and the energy of our intuition, being able to connect with the hints of what is coming in life. This chakra allows you to think and see clearly and understand the purpose of things that you experience. Having balance in this chakra gives you the ability to fully integrate wisdom into your daily life. An imbalance in this chakra might cause you to be in denial and not want to see what is in front of you (weak 6thchakra) or seeing too much, causing delusions or hallucinations (overbearing 6th chakra).
- 7th Chakra: Sahasrara (Sanskrit for “thousand, infinite”) is the seventh chakra which represents the energy of your spiritual self and a connection beyond the physical. This chakra connects you with spiritual truth and experiences that dissolve illusions of separation, confusion and loneliness. Having balance in this chakra allows you to embody the spiritual in the physical, connecting both in harmony and balance. An imbalance in this chakra can lead you to become very rigid in your beliefs (weak 7th chakra) or become disembodied and not care for your physical well-being (overbearing 7th chakra).
There are many ways to align the chakras and keep the energies in balance and focused on realizing your potential. Here are simple things you can do to keep this in balance:
- 1st Chakra: Make sure that you are listening to your needs and these are being met in a timely manner. Rushing in life might not allow us to stop and take what we need to be well.
- 2nd Chakra: Make sure to have fun and spend time doing something that you enjoy.
- 3rd Chakra: Make sure that you are clear about your goals while holding them in balance.
- 4th Chakra: Make sure that you love in balance, spending time with those that you love showing appreciation and care. Also practice this towards yourself.
- 5th Chakra: Make sure that your voice is heard. Express your feelings and thoughts clearly and notice when you are not saying enough or when you are saying too much.
- 6th Chakra: Make sure that your thoughts and beliefs reflect your true purpose. Allow your mind to find a calm state and let your intuition speak to you freely.
- 7th Chakra: Make sure that you practice anything that connects you with your spiritual self and allows you to feel that connection.
If you are ready to learn more and be a part of a program that helps you achieve wellness of mind body and spirit, join us! WWW.66DAYHEALTHMASTERY.COM