This is another super easy superfood pudding you can make with just a few simple ingredients you probably already have in your home. Keeping nuts and seeds in your freezer at all times is a great way to guarantee that you can whip up a fast nut milk, a pudding, a nut and seed bar or a snack, in a pinch. Plus, the freezer keeps all of your nuts and seeds from becoming rancid which can happen quickly especially in warm weather.
This recipe has a deep chocolate flavor and is superb either for a breakfast, snack or a healthy dessert.
- 2 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (feel free to substitute any non-dairy milk here)
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 3 Tablespoons dried strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup or coconut nectar
- Mix together cacao, coconut milk, chia seeds and 2 Tbsp of the dried strawberries.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top with remaining dried strawberries.
- EXTRA STEP: If you want to blend the mixture in your Vitamix, you can do that after it’s chilled and it will give you a super creamy “real” pudding like texture versus the chia seed texture. I personally love the chia seed texture so I don’t blend but I do it for guests from time to time! Enjoy.