Looking for a quick and easy raw soup that will help your body reduce inflammation? Try this amazingly quick cucumber soup. Cucumbers contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that in addition to lowering inflammation, has been shown to improve your memory and protect your nerves from damage.
Cucumbers also pack powerful anti-cancer nutrients including polyphenols called lignans (pinoresinol, lariciresinol, and secoisolariciresinol), which may help to lower your risk of breast, uterine, ovarian, and prostate cancers. So here’s the recipe:
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1/4 to 1/2 avocado
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill (1 if using dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup water to thin if needed
Blend everything together until smooth. You can warm it up in a small saucepan if you need a soup that can help warm you up!