Now that the weather is getting warmer in many parts of the world, and many people are concerned about sun exposure. The real danger however, lies in the toxic cancer-causing chemicals in sunscreen, and the fact that sunscreen prevents us from absorbing CANCER PREVENTING vitamin D3.
It is widely known that Vitamin D is one of the single best preventive measures against all forms of cancer and that the only real source of Vitamin D is the sun on our skin.
So if we know conclusively that Vitamin D is the best protection against all forms of cancer, how did we get so manipulated as a society to start believing that we needed to somehow slather our bodies with man made chemicals to protect us from the big bad sun?
Currently, Cancer-causing ingredients do not have to be included in the labeling of sunscreens. Just last year, the FDA made public that they were delaying their own regulations in deference to sunscreen manufacturers’ concerns without concern for public safety.
~ A common sunscreen ingredient — synthetic vitamin A — has been found to speed the development of cancer. The FDA supervised and funded studies that showed that key ingredients related to vitamin A used in sunscreens are conclusively carcinogenic. They knowingly prevented the information from being released to the public, until recently. The synthetic vitamin A compound found in many sunscreen brands contain retinol and retinyl palmitate, both found to react negatively in the sunlight, becoming toxic to the system.
~ Synthetic vitamin A has known photocarcinogenic properties – which means it promotes cancerous tumors when used on skin exposed to sunlight. Scientists have known for some time that vitamin A can spur excess skin growth (hyperplasia) and that in sunlight it can form free radicals that damage DNA.
~ Nanomaterials and potential hormone disrupters: The major choice of sunscreens is between “chemical” sunscreens, which have inferior stability, penetrate the skin and disrupt the body’s hormone systems, and “mineral” sunscreens containing nano-zinc and titanium dioxide. Nanotechnology is the science of manipulating matter at the microscopic level.
~ The zinc and titanium dioxide are absorbed into the skin and the blood stream. Scientists warn that chemicals with a molecular size so small, this type of absorption could result in the ‘next asbestos’. There are no regulations to list nanoparticles on labels, so consumers may be unaware the products they choose may contain these type of ingredients.
~ The Environmental Working Group (EWG) found in extensive testing that only about 8 percent of all sunscreens are safe, whereas the other 92 percent contain at least one (if not many more) of the ingredients designated as detrimental for human use, including increasing cancer risk.
~ Research has confirmed that consistent sunscreen use leads to melanoma by reducing the exposure of the skin to UVB radiation, which suppresses the skin’s natural production of melanin, a protective substance in the body.
SOME MORE DANGEROUS SUNSCREEN INGREDIENTS:
~ Benzophenone-3 (BZ3) or Oxybenzone is very hazardous, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). BZ3 is on the list of Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) because the chemical can be absorbed through the skin and causes endocrine disruption . BZ3 is found in sunscreen moisturizer, lip balm and children’s sunscreen. Synthetic versions of BZ3 are a direct causation of leucocytosis, anemia, and can reduce organ weight and both chronic/sub-chronic oral toxicity.
~ Benzophenone-2 (BZ2) is a cancer-causing agent used as a fragrance in sunscreen, according to the European Commission in Endocrine Disruption (ECED). It is linked to hormonal disruption in humans and animals. High doses cause immunomodulatory effects, which worsens with higher frequency use. The RTECS also classifies BZ2 as a mutagenic toxic substance.
~ Para-Aminoabenzoic Acid (PABA) is a known carcinogen. Sunscreen manufacturers claim to only be using PABA’s derivatives. The FDA has approved PABA to be used in “limited use”.
~ Octyl Methoxycinnamate (OM) is the most prevalent ingredient in sunscreen and is a human endocrine disruptor, according to the ECED. In Japan, their Standards for Cosmetics have banned its use. OM causes cell mutations, liver, photoallergic effects, liver effects and wildlife and environmental toxicity.
Expose yourself to the sun, little by little until your natural melanin builds up. A healthy raw foods diet will increase your body’s natural tolerance for sun. But don’t let yourself burn, because repeated burns that PEEL have shown to cause a slightly higher risk of skin cancer.
When you’ve had enough, seek shade or wear hats and protective clothing, and use natural oils like coconut or carrot, rather than put toxins on your body.
SEE this video: