If you are looking for a perfect dessert to bring to a New Year’s Celebration, and to ring in 2015 in decadent (but healthy) style, this is the perfect cake for you. It is ridiculously easy, very few ingredients, and will impress pretty much anyone with a tastebud in their mouth. If you are looking for a perfect dessert to kick off your New Year’s Cleanse, try THIS instead. As an advocate of a high raw, low fat, plant based diet, I have to disclose that while this dessert is made of all healthy and wholesome ingredients, it doesn’t fit the “low fat” part of the equation. But a reasonably small slice of chocolate heaven is a perfect way to ring in an upcoming year of abundance, love and passion!
Chocolate “Pudding” Cake
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted
- 1 tbsp coconut butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup raw oats (or buckwheat groats)
- 2/3 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Cacao Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
Directions: Make brownie crust first.
- Put the walnuts, oats and cacao in your food processor and pulse until they become a flour.
- Add the dates and process until it starts to stick together.
- Press into round pie or cake pan
- Place in freezer to chill crust while you make Cake
Make Pudding Cake Filling
- Place all Pudding Cake ingredients in food processor. Process until smooth.
- Remove crust from freezer and scoop Pudding Cake filling onto crust. Place in the freezer for 2 hours to firm.
Make Chocolate Topping
Mix coconut oil, cacao and maple syrup and whisk until smooth. Pour on top of chilled chocolate pudding cake and allow to harden. Top with sliced almonds, chill until ready to serve.