Raw vegan sushi rolls are one of our favorite go-to raw meals. They can contain virtually any veggie, or even fruit slices, and by adding different sauces can be incredibly versatile. My preferred “rice” is to just process up some raw cauliflower in the food processor – easy, cheap and fast. You can also use quinoa, wild rice, or buckwheat, but those all take a lot longer! Here is the recipe for you and remember, seaweed should be included every week in your diet to get necessary calcium and iodine.
1 Golden Beet
1 Daikon Radish
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
1 Head Cauliflower
6 Nori Sheets
2 TBSP Lime Juice
1 Tablespoon organic miso
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ cup coconut water or regular water
1. Wash and cut up cauliflower into chunks.
2. Add cauliflower to food processor, and pulse on and off until cauliflower resembles rice. This happens very quickly, so don’t go too long or it will turn to mush.
3. Put cauliflower into a bowl and wipe out food processor to prepare for avocado crème.
4. Make avocado crème: Place Avocados, (pit and skin removed), Lime juice, miso (can skip this, just add some salt and about 8-10 cashews if skipping), and cayenne pepper into food processor. Pulse a few times, and add some of the coconut water. Don’t add the entire ¼ cup of coconut water all at once, because it will depend on how watery your avocado is. You want it creamy and smooth, not runny.
5. Shred the daikon radish and the carrots with a cheese grater or peeler.
6. Cut in long strips or julienne: golden beet, yellow bell pepper, and jicama.
To Assemble: Lay out the raw nori sheets flat on a cutting board. Put 1/4 cup or more of the cauliflower rice down first on each nori sheet. Next add julienne beets yellow bell pepper and jicama. Next, add the shredded radish and carrots. Add 2 Tablespoons of avo-crème sauce on each sheet and roll up from the side, rolling the long way. Cut each roll with a very sharp knife so the nori sheets don’t tear, and serve immediately!